In order to participate in any of the Sandlot Tournament events, you will need to produce the following at check in. If you have played in a previous Sandlot Tournament in the same season we will only need the additions to your roster, release forms for the added players, and confirmation that the insurance is still in effect:
- Team Roster
- Medical Release Form
- Liability Release Form
- Proof of Insurance with Sandlot Tournaments, LLC listed as an additional insured.
You also must have copies of Birth Certificates. If you are challenged by a team about a player’s age you must produce the birth certificate to a tournament director at the ball field. We will not collect the birth certificates, but you must have them with you.
Teams are required to stay at one of the partner hotels for which we have negotiated a discounted rate. If you choose to stay in a non-approved hotel $400 will be added to your entry fee.
It is also required that you follow all the tournament rules that can be found at the top of all age level tournament listings.
We accept 3 kinds of payments:
- Credit Card
- Checks – must be paid within 10 days of registering for a tournament. If it is not your spot in the tournament is not guaranteed. Checks can be faxed to 631-995-7869. Please indicate your team name/age level, Manager’s name, and the tournament name. Checks can also be mailed to Sandlot Tournaments, LLC, 9243 Seward Rd, Fairfield Ohio 45014.
Sandlot Tournaments LLC does reserve the right to combine age divisions. (These would be 9U with 10U, 11U with 12U, 15U with 16U, and 17U with 18U) This decision will be based on the total number of teams that enter into each division.
Before entering a tournament, make sure your team has no other conflicts on listed tournament dates.
Sandlot Tournaments cannot accommodate any special game time requests! Approximate start times are listed on each tournament entry table. You must be prepared to begin play at the times listed.
No cancellation refunds will be given once the brackets have been posted. If the brackets have not been posted and you contact us 30 days before the tournament start date, a full cancellation refund (minus a $150.00 administrative fee) will be given. If the brackets have not been posted and you contact us between 15-29 days before the tournament start date, you will be able to receive a cancellation refund of 50% of the entry fee minus any discounts. If you contact us 14 or fewer days before the tournament start date, no cancellation refund will be given.
Weather Cancellations: There is a chance a tournament could be rained out. Please remember that $150 of the entry fee is non-refundable no matter what the reason including inclement weather. Teams that do not play any games will receive a full refund minus the $150.00. Teams that play one game will receive a refund equal to 50% of the entry fee minus any discounts. Teams that play 2 or more games will not receive a refund. Teams will also be given the option to transfer their entry into another Sandlot Tournaments event or receive a refund by check.
Tournament Re-formatting: The Tournament Director reserves the right to reformat the tournament at their discretion due to any last minute changes in teams, weather, or any other unplanned event. Accordingly all changes will be posted and communicated as soon as possible on the web site.
All participants are competing at their own risk. By participating you agree to hold the Tournament Director, Tournament Officials, Tournament Hosts, and Tournament Sponsors and their associates harmless from any liability resulting from participation in the tournament. Team insurance is mandatory and must be verifiable upon request.
Tournament Point of Emphasis-Sportsmanship
All teams are expected to conduct themselves in a sportsman-like manner. The Team Manager is responsible for the behavior of his team, coaches and fans both on and off the field, before, during and after the games.
- Parents will not question the umpires. If you have any questions about a rule, please address this to a coach when time permits – no direct interaction with umpires will be tolerated.
- Parents will encourage players to show respect for all other players, coaches and officials, and will demonstrate by example.
- Parents will not ridicule players or teams.
- Parents will encourage a positive attitude and set a good example of sportsmanship before, during, and after every game.
- Players will follow the directions of the coaches.
- Players will respect all players, coaches, fans and officials.
- Players will thank the officials and other team, and will demonstrate good sportsmanship before, during and after every game.
- Players will not throw equipment.
- Players will not question the calls of the umpires – let the coaches talk to the umpires, if necessary.
- Players will not use profanity.
- Coaches will instruct players on sportsmanship as an integral part of the game.
- Coaches will accept the decisions of the officials.
- Coaches will discipline players for failure to display good sportsmanship.
- Coaches will display graciousness in victory or defeat and thank the other team for the game.
- Coaches will lead by example in acknowledging and congratulating good play by the other team.
Tournament- Point of Emphasis –Safety
- All coaches and players must be in the dugout (The only exception is the on deck batter and coaches in the coach’s box. No sitting on buckets outside the dugout.
- On deck batter can be on the same side as the batter
- Thunder and Lightning rule will be strictly enforced. 30 minute rule: competition shall be suspended once lightning has been seen or thunder is heard. It is required to wait 30 minutes. Any subsequent lightning or thunder after the beginning of the 30 minute count shall reset the clock and another 30 minute period shall begin.
- All catchers playing in Sandlot Tournaments will wear a one piece hockey style mask per NFHS rules.
- No Malicious Contact. Automatic Ejection.
- Officials are banned from providing first aid so teams need to have their own trained first aid practitioner on hand.
- All non-adult bat or ball shaggers must wear a correct fitting NOCSAE approved helmet when going on to the field to retrieve a bat or foul ball that is in the in-play area of a field. This includes players.
- When a bull pen is within the in-play area of a field there must be a “protector” with a glove who will be facing the batters box. If it is a non-adult they must also wear a NOCSAE approved helmet. This includes players.